Large Item Pick-up
You can arrange to have an odd-size or heavy item picked up by the Greenwood Village Public Works Department, weather permitting. The most popular items for large item pick-up are branches cut into sections of 10-foot lengths or less, unwanted furniture, mattresses, box springs, hot water heaters, and rugs. Please call Public Works at 303-708-6100 to schedule a pick-up before placing your items at the curb.
The following items are not accepted for pick-up under the large item pick-up service:
- Commercial or contractor waste
- Concrete and asphalt
- Roofing and siding
- Fences and decks
- Drywall and framing (including 2 x 4 type material and/or plywood)
- Landscaping materials, including sod, soil, mulch, bark, rock, and pavers
- Tires, which can be recycled at a local tire store
- Tree branches greater than 10 feet in length
- Items generated from projects requiring a building permit, excluding non-contractor generated plumbing, mechanical and electrical.
The Public Works Department kindly requests your items be placed along the curb in the street out of the way of traffic or pedestrians. When possible, we ask that you refrain from leaving items on your driveway, so as not to damage your property. A snow and/or ice event could cause a delay with your pick-up although we will complete your request as soon as our snow and ice operations have concluded.
Discarding used appliances can be accomplished by calling Public Works at 303-708-6100. The City of Greenwood Village contracts with Unwanted Appliances who services the Village on Wednesdays and Fridays, and recycles the appliances when possible.
Hazardous materials, such as oil based paint, pesticides, gasoline, and propane tanks, etc., cannot be picked up by the trash company or through a large item pick-up. Village residents may call At Your Door Special Collection at 800-449-7587 to arrange a pick-up for household hazardous and electronic waste.