Go To Search
ResidentsBusinessCity ServicesDepartmentsHow Do I?
Recreation Reimbursement
Download a Recreation Reimbursement Form. Forms are also available in the Parks, Trails and Recreation Department at City Hall and are periodically included in your Greenwood Village Newsletter. Should you have any questions, please call 303-486-5773.

All reimbursements for the calendar year are due by January 15 of the following year: 2015 requests were due by January 15, 2016.

Recreation Reimbursement at a Glance
Greenwood Village offers a Recreation Reimbursement to residents of up to $500 per household (primary residence only) annually.

Qualifying Agencies

Agencies must be within the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) area; this encompasses areas north to Longmont, south to Larkspur, west to Silver Plume and east to Deer Trail. View a list of participating governments:
  • Municipal and special recreation districts: These include parks and recreation districts such as South Suburban Parks and Recreation District and Metropolitan Districts such as the Greenwood Athletic Club Metropolitan District and Sundance Hills Metropolitan District.
  • Municipal golf courses: Any municipal course in the DRCOG area qualifies for reimbursement.
  • Nonprofit youth sport agencies: Nonprofit agencies organized for the purpose of providing a youth sport are eligible for reimbursement.

    Need to Know
      • Itemized receipts: All receipts must be itemized and clearly show the name of the agency, the date, and the activities. For example, 18 holes of golf or spring soccer.
      • Maximum per receipt: Receipts are reimbursed at 50% of the cost of the activity up to $50 per receipt. If more than one participant is listed on the receipt, each shall receive 50% up to $50. 
      • Memberships: Annual memberships at qualifying recreation centers, when paid in whole, are reimbursed at 50% up to a maximum of $500 per household. 
      • Activity only: Only the actual activity is reimbursed, no golf carts, coaches fees, IDs, initiation fees, etc. shall be reimbursed.
      • When to submit: Receipts are submitted in the year the fee was incurred, not the year the activity takes place. For example, spring 2016 lacrosse paid for in fall 2015 must be submitted in 2015.

      Support Art through Your Recreation Reimbursement Refund!

        On November 4, 2013 at the City Council Study Session, City Council reached general consensus to place a donation box on the recreation reimbursement form.  Residents now have the option to donate all or a portion of their recreation reimbursement refund to the Greenwood Village Arts and Humanities Council (GVAHC) for the purpose of acquiring and placing art in public parks, trails, open spaces and facilities owned by the Village.  

        The GVAHC has been instrumental in bringing public art to the Village; recent pieces include the re-installation of the “The Dolphins” and the installation of the “The Nest.”   Both sculptures are on loan from the Museum of Outdoor Art and located in Westlands Park.  

        In addition to bringing public art to the Village, the GVAHC sponsors public programs, art workshops, annual fundraisers, and is responsible for awarding art scholarships to Arapahoe County Seniors majoring in one of the art disciplines at an arts college.  

        Residents interested in learning more about the GVAHC are encouraged to attend their monthly meetings held at the Curtis Arts & Humanities Center (2349 East Orchard Road, Greenwood Village) on the third Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m.


        Still have questions? Staff is happy to assist. Please email your questions to Julie Liggett or call 303-486-5750.