- Parks, Trails & Recreation
- Youth-at-Large Commission Position
Youth-at-Large Commission Position
Youth At-Large Commission Position
The Village is on the cutting-edge when it comes to involving youth in municipal government. In February 2004, the City Council redefined what youth development looks like at the municipal level with the adoption of an ordinance creating a permanent, full-voting position for a youth on the Parks, Trails, and Recreation Commission. The youth at-large has the opportunity to provide a voice for youth on a variety of projects that their families, neighbors, and friends will enjoy in the future!
The selection of the youth at-large will be based on overall leadership ability and service to the community. Additionally, the youth must be a resident of Greenwood Village, between the ages of 15 to 18 years old, and have resided in the Village one year preceding the date of appointment. The Greenwood Village City Council will make an official appointment following interviews and the selection of a candidate. The youth at-large position requires a minimum commitment each month of approximately 7 hours of evening meeting time.
Member Position Description
The youth at-large position is a full-voting member of the Parks, Trails, and Recreation (PTR) Commission. The PTR Commission is currently comprised of eight residents over the age of 18 years old. The role of the youth at-large will include:
- Involvement in studying and determining the parks, trails and open space needs of the Village and to participate in making recommendations to City Council on planning and subdivision review
- Participate in the design and development of park and recreation facilities and the evaluation of programming; participate in recommending the adoption of a master plan as an element of the Comprehensive Plan to serve as a guide for park and trail development
- Recommend annual priorities to City Council with reference to the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) for the design, development, acquisition, operation, and maintenance of recreation areas, natural spaces, and facilities
- Support the mission of the Greenwood Village Parks, Trails and Recreation Department
The youth at-large has the opportunity to serve a minimum of one year with a maximum two-year term.
Please contact Julie Liggett in the Greenwood Village Parks, Trails, and Recreation Department at 303-486-5750, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. or email.