Liquor Licensing

Liquor licensing in Colorado requires Village businesses to obtain license approval from the Greenwood Village Local Liquor Licensing Authority. The Local Liquor Licensing Authority of the Village is the City Council. Your first contact regarding Liquor Licensing in Greenwood Village is with the City Clerk's Office. The City Clerk, acting on behalf of the Local Liquor Licensing Authority, is authorized to accept liquor license applications, process applications, and hold administrative hearings. Because the service of alcoholic beverages is a serious matter and clearly impacts our community, staff is available to assist businesses with the liquor licensing application process.
Since there are numerous state forms to complete and steps to follow, we recommend that you review the comprehensive application packet with a City Clerk staff member to ensure a smooth application process and to meet your business’s opening date. The City Clerk's Office is located at 6060 South Quebec Street, Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111. An application packet can be mailed to you by calling 303-486-5755 or email

Since approval of a liquor license is a two-tier process with the State of Colorado, you may want to visit the State of Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division website for more information.

The Village’s Licensing Authority has rules and regulations that are given to all new licensees regarding liquor licensing. If you would like a hard copy of the rules and regulations mailed to you, please call 303-486-5755.


Liquor licenses are valid for one year from the date of the approval by the Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division and must be renewed each year. Approximately 90 days prior to the expiration date of the license, you should receive a renewal application from the Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division. Approximately 60 days prior to the expiration date of the license, you should receive a reminder letter and a Statement of Training form from the City Clerk's Office. Completed renewal applications must be accompanied by both city and state fees and submitted, no later than 45 days, before the license expires to the City Clerk's Office for processing.


Any changes to your liquor license including a change in the operating manager, a change in corporate structure or trade name, a change in partnership or limited liability member, change in location, or transfer of ownership or modification of your licensed premises must be reported to the City Clerk's Office for consideration by both the local and state licensing authorities.

We genuinely care about the businesses located in the Village and want to ensure that we are available to assist in the liquor licensing process. You may also call us at 303-486-5755 with any questions you may have.