Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How Do I Sign Up for Reverse 911?

The citizen alert system will already have your land-line telephone numbers so you do not need to worry about providing that information. If you are interested in being notified of emergencies through other communication devices, simply visit the village web site and look for the citizen alert notification sign-up button on the home page. It only takes a few minutes to update your information.

How Do I Report a Coyote Sighting or an Aggressive Coyote?

If you happen to see a coyote wandering in Greenwood Village, please call the Police Department at 303-773-2525. The Police Department is actively keeping record of coyote activity in the Village, which will assist in managing the coyote population. If you encounter an aggressive coyote, dial 911.

How Do I Get a Vehicle Identification Number (Vin) Verification?

The Greenwood Village Police Department is available to perform standard VIN Verifications, DR2698 for RESIDENTS only. Please note the Greenwood Village Police Department only performs VIN Verifications not Certified VIN Inspections, DR2408. Please call Colorado State Patrol at 303-239-4545 for more information regarding Certified VIN Inspections.

The vehicle must be available for inspection at the time of the VIN Inspection and you must be able to provide proof of ownership, title or registration. Call the Police Department at 303-773-2525 to make an appointment. There is NO charge for Residents.