Contractor License

City Contractor License

Contractors who perform work in the Village requiring a building permit must be licensed.

Contractors seeking to obtain a license must procure Workers' Compensation insurance as required by state law and General Liability insurance with the following minimum limits:
  • General aggregate: two million dollars ($2,000,000)
  • Product, Completed Operations: two million dollars ($2,000,000)
  • Personal and advertising injury: one million dollars ($1,000,000)
  • Each occurrence: one million dollars ($1,000,000)
Proof of current Workers' Compensation and General Liability insurance coverage shall include the name of the business, name of the insurance company, policy number, effective and expiration dates, and a statement naming the City of Greenwood Village as the certificate holder. Proof of coverage may be sent to the Village by fax to 303-773-1238 or email to

Note: Workers' Compensation coverage is required if the business has any employees.

All licenses are valid for one year from date of issuance. No testing is required.

Please refer to the Contractor License Application form for a complete listing of license types, requirements, and fees.