Contractor License

Contractors who perform work in the Village that require a building permit must be licensed. The Village does not require subcontractors working under the supervision of a licensed contractor to be licensed.

A contractor's license shall entitle the holder thereof to engage in business as a contractor within the Village and to contract for the building, construction, alteration or repairing of any type or size of structure, regardless of the value thereof. A contractor shall assure that all subcontractors and individual tradesmen who perform trade tasks under his or her general or specific direction are included under his or her liability insurance policy or a separate liability insurance policy, and that workers' compensation insurance for all workers required to be so insured is in force throughout the duration of the project or job.

Obtaining a License

Contractors seeking to obtain a license with the Village must submit the following items:

  • Contractor License Application
  • Affidavit of Lawful Presence (if sole proprietor)  Affidavit of Lawful Presence
  • Current certificates of General Liability and Worker’s Compensation insurance naming the City of Greenwood Village as the certificate holder. Minimum coverages as follows: $2,000,000/General aggregate; $2,000,000/Products-comp/op agg; $1,000,000/each occurrence; and $5,000/medical expense each person. Workman's compensation coverage is required if the business has any employees.  Note:  The expiration of any insurance coverage and/or the application will render your license inactive.
  • Evidence of License with another Colorado Jurisdiction.  No testing is required. 
  • Fee, if required
  • All licenses are valid for one year from date of issue

 License types, Requirements, and Fees:

      Level A:  Commercial $300

      Level B:  Residential $200

      Level C:  Specialized $100  (Solar or satellite installations, swimming pools and tennis courts)

      Level D:  Individual Trade  $50  (Roofing, framing, fences, retaining walls, sprinkler irrigation, landscaping, mechanical, signs, and
      single trades when not set forth for higher level licenses)

      Level E:  Electrical/Plumbing - no fee