This project will resurface almost 4 miles of I-225, from I-25 to the Parker Rd. (MP 197.5-202.5). The project will also repair two bridge decks, remove and replace guardrail and overhead signs, and improve ADA-compliant curb ramps. To minimize the impact to traffic, most work will be conducted overnight.
The goal is to improve the longevity and safety of the highway by creating a smoother driving surface and replacing all the existing guardrail to bring them up to the current standards.
- Multiple lanes and shoulder closures
- Speed limits reduced in work areas
- During bridge work, oversize restrictions for loads over 11-ft wide
- Temporary delays and slowdowns during paving operations to allow for trucks to pull in and out of the work zone
- Future on and off-ramp closures overnight at DTC, Tamarac and Parker Rd. - expect local detours to be in place
- Working hours: 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m., Sunday nights through Friday mornings
- Timeline: June to October 2019
- Contractor: Brannan Sand and Gravel
For more information, please visit: https://www.codot.gov/projects/i-225-resurface-i-25-parker-road