The Colorado Department of Transportation will close southbound Interstate 225 at Tamarac St/DTC Blvd (Exit 2-A) from 9 p.m. on Tuesday, March 2 to 5 a.m. on Wednesday, March 3. The closure is necessary so crews can remove the temporary barrier and restripe the roadway. Once reopened on March 3, the project will be done and no more restrictions will be in place at this location. Detour signage will be in place to safely direct motorists to alternate routes.
CDOT anticipates medium travel impact to the public since this closure is occurring during overnight hours. Impacts include:
- A full closure of southbound I-225 will exist at the Tamarac St/DTC Blvd exit (Exit 2-A) during overnight hours on Tuesday, March 2.
- The closure will be in place from 9 p.m. Tuesday, March 2 to approx. 5 a.m. on Wednesday, March 3.
- Signage will be in place to alert motorists to available detour routes.
- Motorists should be prepared for some delay as they are detoured around the closure.
- Once the interstate reopens on Monday, March 3, all work will be complete and no more restrictions will be in place at this location.
- All construction schedules are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Lane closures and other traffic notices are posted weekly on COTrip.org.