Community Room Use Policy
Reservations may be made up to 6 months in advance, with at least 48 hours notice prior to the event.
The Applicant ("User)" is responsible for monitoring the conduct of all guests and will ensure that all Federal, State, Greenwood Village laws and Community Room policies are followed. The user must be present the entire time of the rental or appoint a substitute, if needed, to act as the responsible individual.
- The legal maximum occupancy of the Community Room is 76 people and may not be exceeded. Actual room occupancy will be determined by the room setup selected.
- User must ensure the event or meeting is adjourned and room vacated at the specified end time of the reservation. Repeated end-time violations may result in additional fees, or denial of further Community Room use. Setup and breakdown time should be accounted for when requesting your reservation time.
- Audio-visual equipment must be provided by User. A whiteboard, video projector and screen are available for use with an HDMI connection. Technical support is only available 8 am to 4:30 pm, staff permitting. No technical support is available after hours.
- Eating and drinking is restricted to the Community Room.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in City Hall.
- Smoking/vaping is prohibited in City Hall.
- Burning of candles and/or open flames is prohibited (including chafing dish fuel).
- After 5 pm, the main entrance doors will be electronically controlled for the duration of the reservation.
- The main City Hall doors are not to be propped open during rental times.
- Attendees using the Community Room have access to the public restrooms in the lobby; however, the user's group should confine themselves to the Community Room as much as possible.
- Admission/Fees nor donations accepted, for any event or meeting held in the Community Room MAY NOT be charged except in the case of course tuition charged by non-profit organizations.
- Sales of goods or services are not permitted.
- Greenwood Village, its officers, and employees will not be held liable for any injuries, claims or damages arising from permitted uses during rental hours.
- Greenwood Village granting permission for use of the Community Room does not constitute any endorsement of any organization or group or the beliefs of any organization or group.
- Advanced scheduling of the Community Room is allowed for up to six months.
- Applicants must include setup time in their reserved hours.
- Greenwood Village Facility Services will setup all tables and chairs for renter.
- User must select a room setup from the approved standard setup arrangements. The standard setup options comply with fire codes in providing emergency access and reduce the setup and labor time of the Facility Services staff. User will not alter the setup arrangement.
- Decorations may not be affixed in any manner to the walls, doors or windows.
- Applicants must include clean up time in their reserved hours.
- Any displays, easels, audio-visual equipment, rental tables, serving trays, etc. brought in for an event or meeting must be removed immediately following the event or meeting.
- Decorations and table coverings must be removed immediately following the event or meeting. Spills must be cleaned up and all trash placed in trash receptacles.
- Tables and chairs must be left in the same condition as they were prior to the event or meeting.
- User must exit the Community Room at the scheduled time.
Termination of Reservation by City
The City of Greenwood Village reserves the right to terminate or cancel the reservation for any reason if the room is needed for official business. If the City terminates or cancels the reservation for official business, any fees paid will be refunded to user.
All Community Room policies and rules will be strictly enforced. The City of Greenwood Village may immediately terminate a use with no refund of rental fees paid if any of the Community Room policies are violated. Future use of the Community Room may be denied based on Community Room policy violations.
If a user cancels the reservation at least 48 hours before the event, any fees paid will be refunded. If User cancels the reservation within 48 hours of the event, no fees will be refunded.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the Community Room Policy. By submitting this application, I agree to abide by the conditions as outlined. I also understand that should the Community Room require additional cleaning after my use, I will be billed for cleaning at $50.00 per hour, with a minimum of a one-hour charge
Policy Updated May 2023