Biannual Inspections are performed by a 3rd party, state certified city contractor. Our contractor will contact you directly to perform the inspection and will send you an inspection report by email after completion. Should there be correction items noted on the report, please coordinate repair with your elevator maintenance company.
Five-year Witnessed Safety Tests and inspections are the responsibility of the Property Owner/Manager to coordinate with their elevator service company and our elevator inspector. The date of the last five-year inspection is noted on the Certificate of Operation for your elevator.
- Biannual Inspection fees: $235 (This amount includes both inspections for the year)
- Five-year Witnessed Safety Test fees: $255 for a hydraulic and $500 for traction elevator
- After business hour inspections, repeat inspections, special inspections and safety lockdown inspections are charged at an additional $110/per hour rate
You will receive a separate invoice for each elevator to your owned/managed building contact on record, approximately 30 days before the Certificate of Operation for your elevator(s) expires. Should the five-year Witnessed Safety Test be required, you will receive an invoice on the month that it is due to be performed.
We currently offer two means of payment:
- Credit Card by phone: Community Development Main Office (303) 486-5783
- Check by mail: City of Greenwood Village - Community Development, 6060 S. Quebec Street, Greenwoodvillage, CO 80111
Certificates of Operation:
Once the inspection invoice has been paid, your Certificate of Operation will be sent to you. The Certificate of Operation will be issued and valid for one year from the date of issue (payment of fees).
Should any correction items be noted on the previously performed inspection report, a 90-day Temporary Certificate of Operation (TCO) will be issued. Once written notification is received that all correction items have been resolved, a new Certificate of Operation will be issued for the remainder of the year.
Without a Valid Certificate of Operation, the elevator is not considered compliant by the State and will be locked out of service.
To update your contact information, please send us an email to email@example.com. Be sure to reference the Ownership entity, property manager and property address.